To order products on Habitech, you need to have cookies enabled - see the section on Managing cookies. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but see Managing cookies for help to turn them on should you need to.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website. We know you'd expect nothing less from us, and please be assured that we're working on a number of other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the website.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on Habitech, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Habitech, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for. You'll find information about 3rd party cookies below.
On Habitech we may display video content using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies (also known as Local Shared Objects) to help improve your experience as a user. Flash cookies are stored on your device in much the same way as usual cookies, but they're managed differently by your browser.
If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings (opens in a new window). Please bear in mind though, that if you disable Flash cookies for Habitech you'll unable to access certain types of content on the site, such as videos.
If you take the opportunity to 'share' Habitech content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter - you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window/tab - this is an external website).
When you visit Habitech.co.uk you may notice some cookies that aren't related to Habitech. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If cookies aren't enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won't be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
If you're not sure of the type & version of web browser you're using to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
3. Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
2. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
3. Settings above Medium will disable cookies
4. If you are using IE9, click ALT-X, then Internet Options and find the 'Privacy' tab from there.
2. Then select the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
3. Click 'Save'
1. Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
2. Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
3. Select the 'Never Ask' option
1. Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
3. Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
1. Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
3. Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
1. Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
2. Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
3. Then select 'Accept cookies' option
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
We recommend that you keep your internet browsers updated at all times so regularly check for any updates available and install where applicable.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
Habitech will hold your information for the purpose of administering your account and marketing. We may share the information within our group. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from Habitech, please contact us.